OmniMic V2 and REW

martins5

I found the OmniMic software to be sorely lacking and was hoping to simply plug the OmniMic I just purchased into REW. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get REW to recognize the OmniMic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I think it should work, assuming Windows sees the Omnimic OK. How does the Omnimic appear in the Windows audio properties recording devices list? How have you set your REW soundcard preferences?

martins5

Windows sees my OmniMIc and the OmniMic software recognizes it. I can generate various tones and sweeps from my OmniMic software and the microphone produces the pretty graphs. Unfortunately, I see no way to individually send sound to the different channels and LFE so I figured I would use REW instead.

I'm a frequent user of REW and the UMIK-1, having tuned my subs after spending countless hours with REW. I use ASIO from my Windows 10 platform. When I bring up REW with the OmniMic, nothing happens. Attempts to exit REW result in a lengthy hang, before finally exiting.

I hate to mess with Windows audio preferences, as everything seems to be working for both microphones. What REW changes would I make for the OmniMic versus the UMIK-1?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
ASIO meaning ASIO4All or something else? It would be helpful to see your REW soundcard preferences, but I would start by not using an ASIO driver and use the Java WASAPI exclusive option instead.

martins5

ASIO meaning ASIO4All or something else? It would be helpful to see your REW soundcard preferences, but I would start by not using an ASIO driver and use the Java WASAPI exclusive option instead.
I finally got it working. I'm not sure what I did to get it working. Usually if I pay with it long enough....

The microphone is reading about 15db too high. Is there anything in REW that I would be able to do to make it right?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There may be an input volume setting at which it reads correctly, or you could change the sensitivity figure in the cal file.

martins5

There may be an input volume setting at which it reads correctly, or you could change the sensitivity figure in the cal file.
Thanks. Could you take a look at my follow-up thread? I assumed I could modify the sensitivity figure, but I'm not sure what to do about the clipping I describe in my follow-up thread.

Top Bottom