Subwoofers
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Other Speakers or Equipment
Lita Audio Tube Dac, MyDac, Home made Music server
Video Display Device
Panasonic Viera Plasma, 65"
Remote Control
Lots
I think this post will gravitate to several different forums due to the pool of things I have done recently, but for now just a brief text of what has been wrought by things beyond my control.

I used to play on the front lines of audio/video for years, I needed the newest stuff on the market, not necessarily the best as my wallet ain't built that way, but the newest non the less. I still think Beta and the Trrintron was the way to go and then laser disc and then and then. However, of late I have semi retired and held the strong belief that the equipment I have is good enough for me, as it still gave me great waves of enjoyment.....until stuff started to break.

First my semi high end turntable stopped playing on proper speed. Bummer indeed. I decided not to go high end again as my ears are no longer what they used to be. What to do....I searched a bit and read many good reviews about turntables from Fluance and its twin sister from Monoprice and others that run just under the $300.00 price point. I was ready to pull trigger on one of the two when I saw an add from Monoprice discounting their table for half of the original price. After many an album has been played on this table, I can say that it sounds pretty good and stays on speed to a fair thee well. I have been wanting to write up something on this table as I consider it to be great for the price but just have not been able to dig up my thoughts and put them into an interesting review, however, maybe a review will come forward.

Second my Oppo player turned in its notice and will not turn on any longer. I know many Oppos can be repaired but knowing that the future is 4K, Accordingly, I went ahead and bought a Sony 4K UHD B/R, X8000Mark 11 player. I love this player, so fast, great image and excellent sound quality, including with SACD. Highly recommended. Maybe I can do a write up soonest.

I have 3 displays in my house, a 65" Panasonic Plasma that is showing some age but works well. I have two additional "Other" displays, one of which chose to die shortly after I bought the new 4k player. Shortly after that the second "Other " display croaked as well. All of these displays were merely 1080p and there was no way I was going to buy a replacement until the Above occurred. So Whats a guy to do ?

Well I went looking for reasonable priced displays and found a Samsung 65" 4K UHD that was beautiful at the store so I thought hey it might be good at home as well. As such, in my truck it went and home it came. I really liked it with movies as well as cable channels such as Amazon and Netflix. It does not have the images found on the newer OLED but neither does it have the price tag. Once I watched it home for awhile, I thought it might be best to buy a second identical display for my bedroom, so I trekked to the same store and bought a second one. I am such a dork.

So I guess many of the fine folks here that told me its only a matter of time before I dip my toes into the newer media and audio options were right. Go figure.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Good man! :-).
New year is always fun, no matter what the price tag says.... how cool that you found some that floats your boat!
Definitely curious to read about you turntable. Sounds like you fetched it for a steal!

Top Bottom