REW Beta Release No secondary output in Mac OSX REW v5.20 beta 54

spink123

Registered
Hi guys,

I am using Mac and trying to measure both my dual Subs and Center Speaker simultaneously through miniDSP and Denon AVR. However, there is no secondary output option under Preferences and Measure and I can only either measure the subs or center speaker one at a time.

I saw in some of the YouTube videos there was a secondary output option under Preferences and Measure. Is it because of the REW version?

Would appreciate greatly for your advice, thank you!

REW-Preferences.jpeg
REW-Measure.jpeg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The secondary output option appears for ASIO drivers. The situation is a little different there, since ASIO drivers present separate mono inputs and outputs whereas the Java drivers present inputs and outputs with multiple channels (albeit stereo only in Windows). That means the interface is a little different, the only option with more than one channel being L+R. A different way of handling that is one of the things on the todo list, in the meantime you may find that selecting L+R will redirect to the centre in some processing modes.

spink123

Registered
Thanks for the reply, in short does that mean there is no secondary output support for Mac version of REW and the only way to get secondary output is to use the Windows version of REW with ASIO drivers?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks for the reply, in short does that mean there is no secondary output support for Mac version of REW and the only way to get secondary output is to use the Windows version of REW with ASIO drivers?
Unless the channels of interest are left and right the only way to send signals to two arbitrary channels is with ASIO drivers on Windows, yes. It is worth noting that if you measure individual channels with a common timing reference the response of any combination of those channels can be generated with trace arithmetic.

Top Bottom