Newbie question set up (hopefully it's just a simple one)

tonescout

Registered
I have a MacBook Pro (oldish one 2013) running Mac OS 10.15 Catalina software and I can't see the microphone to connect - this is a brand new UMIK-1 with the supplied cable?

Any numptie mistakes it's on 48 KHz sampling

tonescout

Registered
yes, I also tried V5.19 just to see, but no luck, the blue light comes on the Mic, but just can't seem to access it - thanks for reply

tonescout

Registered
I've turned it on and off multiple times with Mic connected, and still just can't see it in the control panel anywhere.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The power connections mate before the data, so light on doesn't necessarily mean the connector is in far enough to transfer data. If it isn't showing up in Audio Midi Setup then there must be something pretty fundamental, the cable is the only thing that comes to mind.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Won't hurt to try another, but it needs a really firm push to engage properly in the back of the mic.

tonescout

Registered
Ok - simples.....It was the supplied cable, not working - replaced with a new cable and it works as it should now.

now all I have to do is find out how to make the "beep" work for the timing, think this will be a setting, but it's now working - THANKS!

Top Bottom