More  
DAC
iFi ZEN DAC, iFi ZEN AMP
Other Speakers or Equipment
Presonus ERIS 3.5
Streaming Equipment
Presonus Revelator IO24, Rode PodMic
Good morning,

I am new to REW and measurements. Watched a lot videos but don´t know how to use it for my needs.

I want to test my microphone with different pop filters in front of it and their impact of frequency response, how the different materials change the voice (frequencies).

I have a Rode Podmic and a Presonus Revelator IO24 sound interface.
First question can I use this to measure with REW
Second how to setup it up?

I want to get curves like the one attached.
Any hints or good videos/tutorials to use it are welcome.

Attachments

• mic1.jpg
    mic1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 12
  • pop filters.jpg
    pop filters.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
  • mic2.jpg
    mic2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 14

sm52

I think you want a small speaker that has a flat response in the vocal range plus a bit of reserve. From 100 to 5000 hertz, for example. You will connect it to the output of your interface. REW will send measurement impulses to it. And your microphone with all the little things will catch these impulses. Connect the microphone to the interface input.

dcibel

Just run measurements with and without pop filter, keep mic and speaker used for test stationary. Flat response of speaker is not very important, since measurement is a comparison.

Apply smoothing at your discretion, psychoacoustic smoothing would be a good choice to start. Use magnitude division under All SPL trace arithmentic for the measurements to show just the difference between them. Look down towards 0dB for arithmetic result.

1681658185404.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom