Mutiple mics

DanFfx

Registered
I have 4 Umik-1s I want to use to calibrate my customers theaters. If I use a Muse or Act-IV and do an autocal, this works fine because Aspeqt, Acurus's room calibration system, actually can blend the mics. But if I am using another system, or doing a more refined manual calibration, Windows won't differentiate multiple mics. I also have a new Macbook Pro if that will help).

Will REW Pro provide a way to use these multiple mics during a calibration or am I still stuck with moving around a single mic? A blended or serial/switching approach to separate mics (with calibration files) would really be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is problematic (see this thread about multiple UMIK-2, for example). The Pro upgrade does not currently support multiple USB mics, but at some point I'll see if I can make that work.

DanFfx

Registered
Thank you, John. Please keep me posted. Acurus has developed a Raspberry Pi based unit that does the blending work. If that were available as a separate generic product it might be enough. Please let em know what you find out.

Top Bottom