Multichannel Room Eq Wizard

Lba

Registered
Hello everyone!
I want to make a measurement of a multichannel system (16 ch).
Can you do that with REW? And if possible, how do I route the output of the REW to measure all 16 speakers?

Lba

Registered
Thanks is really usefull. But i want to know if there is any way to make all measuerement all at once (sequential, speaker by speaker), instead of make them individually.
I want do only one click and measure all the channels.
Assuming that the phase and distances has been corrected.

Last edited:

sm52

To do this, you need to learn how to use the REW API, which has just appeared and currently has an initial set of capabilities.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not if you rely on an ATMOS decoder. If you have a studio authoring system with direct access to the 16 channels you can select the interface that drives them and use the sequential measurement option to cycle through the channels.

Reactions: Lba

Lba

Registered
I work in an ambisonic system and I can do it. But now I'm trying to simulate that at home (without the system), for that I need a virtual cable and send it to Reaper, for example, and verify that all channels receive a signal. I am right?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Probably not. The additional channels in a home system are usually only accessible to the ATMOS decoder, without any other way to send a signal to them.

Lba

Registered
And they can't be treated as individual mono channels (Multi-mono)? Assign 16 sends to 16 speakers?

canavan

Probably not. The additional channels in a home system are usually only accessible to the ATMOS decoder, without any other way to send a signal to them.
If you added support for multi-channel offline sweeps, it would be easy to encode them for ATMOS.

natty

Hello everyone!
I want to make a measurement of a multichannel system (16 ch).
Can you do that with REW? And if possible, how do I route the output of the REW to measure all 16 speakers?
Looks like you'll need to wait until the sequential measurement option can reference external test files like those in this thread: https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/dolby-atmos-and-rew.2184/page-4 and for now, you'll need to do it manually. Personally, just the fact that we CAN do it manually now is an AWESOME step forward from a few years ago, when we were needing to swap speaker wires etc.

Top Bottom