Moving to new Lenovo Yoga 7 Windows 11 laptop - AISO and HDMI questions

BJB

Greetings.

I am moving from an old Dell laptop to a Lenovo Yoga. I already know I need to use a converter to go thunderbolt to HDMI to my Denon receiver.
My question is on the HDMI REW AISO setup. I had to really play around to get AISO/HDMI output to work with the old Dell every time I used it. But I got it to work!

Now that I have a modern laptop running windows 11, I assume it should be more straightforward?

As simple as just install REW and AISO4ALL and it should just "find" the audio in the AISO panel? Does that thunderbolt/USB-C to HDMI converter create any issues? I know I don't have to mess around like with the Dell but I did that for so long, I don't know what the "normal" way is to install and use AISO with REW :)

Also, should I copy over any other REW files? Not sure I need my historical sweeps but maybe those?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to having a modern laptop to run this on...

BJB

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You don't need to copy anything from your old REW installation, but your earlier measurements may be handy for comparison purposes. REW will find any ASIO drivers or ASIO wrappers (e.g. ASIO4All, FlexASIO) that have been installed, but the wrappers will have their own configuration panels to select what devices they wrap. ASIO4All seems a bit more temperamental than FlexASIO. Some HDMI converters only support stereo output in the linear PCM format REW uses to send its signals, but supporting all 8 channels seems more common these days.

BJB

Thanks! Sounds like I should install FlexASIO first then install REW?
My goal is to have full HDMI REW multi channel output.

Thanks,
BJB

BJB

Thanks! Will try FlexASIO and the adapter I have (a J5 Create) and hope I get 8 channels.
Thanks again,
BJBBJB

Top Bottom