Motu ultralite AVB + Audiolense for a 2.2 system

dathzo

The way you’ve set it up gives you a right sub and a left sub, which is fine.

if you want both subs to play in unison (r+l), there are several ways to do it.

I would recommend leaving the routing table unchanged, and instead setting up as a 2.1 system in Audiolense. You the double click on the sub to get driver 0 and driver 1 (each sub becomes an independent driver of the same virtual sub) . In the measurement window you choose one driver as id 4 the other as id 5.

This allows Audiolense to first correct each subwoofer’s response and then correct the sum of the two subwoofers and integrate that with your main speakers.

That’s how I’ve chosen to do it. The idea being that two subwoofers playing the same signal should be less prone to room modes, and have less distortion. In reality there’s probably not a huge difference because (From what I read) most recordings are more or less mono under 100 Hertz.
Thanks a million @Omid, this is great. I did not want to have L + R sub, but wanted to do exactly as you do (summation of both channels into each of the subs). One question with this method, I suppose yes, but just to double check: I assume that in this way Audiolense is capable of time-aligning each sub virtual driver with the mains correct? This is one of the reasons I am moving towards Audiolense. The other question refers tot he playback format and channel routing. See my screen below with the new configuration. Do I need to set a weight for the SWFC from each L and R channels?
Thanks again.-

Omid

Happy to help!
Yes, Audiolense will time align the two subwoofers to the speakers with this method. You will be able to verify that for yourself when you look at the step response.
You do not need to change anything in the weights. The signal will be routed to your subwoofers below the crossover point.
You may want to uncheck the 10 dB LFE attenuation, Unless your Subwoofers are way louder than you main speakers.

dathzo

You may want to uncheck the 10 dB LFE attenuation, Unless your Subwoofers are way louder than you main speakers.

I understand the 10 dB are for amplification of the LFE signal, and not attenuation, right? In any case, probably not needed either way,so thanks again for the tip :)

Omid

When you create a filter in Audiolense depending on the number of dB correction you choose, your signal output will be X dB lower than the source.

In my case I had level matched my subs to my mains, with LFE engaged, my output signal was attenuated by X+10dB.

Try it out and see how it goes for you. Unless I’m mistaken you should see similar results, except if you’re subwoofers happen to be more than 10 dB louder than your mains.

Top Bottom