Monoprice Announces Two Monolith 8-Channel Class-D Amps

full?d=1652196811.png

(May 10, 2022) Our friends at Monoprice have been busy this year, unleashing a bevy of home theater goodies under its higher-end focused Monolith brand. Today, the company is using Monolith to unleash two new 8-channel amps loaded with premium-grade components.

The Monolith 8250X ($2,999 MSRP) harnesses Hypex NCore amp modules to deliver a robust 200 Watts per channel (8 ohms) or 400 Watts per channel (4 ohms) of zesty Class D power. Monoprice says the amp is "made to last," thanks to a heavy duty heatsink that efficiently dissipates heat and XLR inputs that are mounted directly to the amp's metal chassis. The heatsink delivers long-lasting endurance, while the XLR implementation is designed to prevent broken solder joints by resorting to a firm connection. The amp's overall frequency response is rated at 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB). Sized at 5.25" high x 17.1" wide x 14.5" deep and weighing a generous 35.3 lbs, the 8350X accommodates a 3RU rack size.

“We take great pride in our Monolith products, and these new Class-D amplifiers are no exception. Engineered for uncompromising performance and value, our new Monolith amps efficiently deliver powerful and precise audio output across the entire frequency range, regardless of output gain levels. On top of all that, we were able to provide this level of world-class performance at an incredibly competitive price point,” said Hobie Sechrest, Monolith Business Unit Manager, Monoprice.

The step-down 8125X ($1,999 MSRP) is no slouch, touting 100 Watts per channel (8 ohms) and 175 Watts per channel (4 ohms). Its overall chassis is 2" shorter than the 8250X, weighing-in at 28 lbs.

Both new amps feature a soft start turn on, heavy duty binding posts, and a trigger input. They're also backed by a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee. To learn more about the Monolith 8250X Class-D Amplifier or Monolith 8125X Class-D Amplifier, click on the supplied links.

Additional Images
full?d=1652196759.jpg

full?d=1652196759.jpg

natty

It is great to see monoprice continuing to partner with ATI to bring high quality amps for relatively value oriented prices to market.

I would say I am eager to see how these measure and sound, but based on past experience with this partnership, I'm guessing they will outperform anything else at their price point for similar technology. That being said, this is a slightly different Class D approach than ATI uses in their own Class D amps, apparently to help meet the monoprice target price, so I guess I will reserve my enthusiasm a bit for now "just in case".

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
FireCube for movies and Lenova Carbon X1 for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
I would say I am eager to see how these measure and sound,

The 200WPC Monoprice uses this:

Its been measured by Amir on ASR more than once and it seems unless the assembler screws up the cable routing/and connection quality its going to perform to Hypex spec.
Here's one example:

Monoprice also has AP measurements available on the product page beneath the owners manual link.

IMHO you'll actually know what your getting with a purchase. Objectively, a very good performing amplifier at very good price when compared to many alternatives.
There's a couple of less expensive options I've seen but I don't believe they offer 30day money back or 5 year replacement warranty as Monoprice does. There's something to be said for piece of mind on a $3K purchase.

natty

The 200WPC Monoprice uses this:

Its been measured by Amir on ASR more than once and it seems unless the assembler screws up the cable routing/and connection quality its going to perform to Hypex spec.
Here's one example:

Monoprice also has AP measurements available on the product page beneath the owners manual link.

IMHO you'll actually know what your getting with a purchase. Objectively, a very good performing amplifier at very good price when compared to many alternatives.
There's a couple of less expensive options I've seen but I don't believe they offer 30day money back or 5 year replacement warranty as Monoprice does. There's something to be said for piece of mind on a $3K purchase.
Yes these details are why I am optimistic that this might be the top value quality choice in this bracket.

I'm not aware of any better measuring units with this set of components in this price category. That is, you mention "a couple of less expensive options" but I'm not able to find a single one, unless one gets something completely different like a class a/b amp, or something.

It really seems like monoprice has hit it out of the park with this offering.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Yes these details are why I am optimistic that this might be the top value quality choice in this bracket.

I'm not aware of any better measuring units with this set of components in this price category. That is, you mention "a couple of less expensive options" but I'm not able to find a single one, unless one gets something completely different like a class a/b amp, or something.

It really seems like monoprice has hit it out of the park with this offering.

I agree for the money you'll not likely find better mesuring amplifier.

Buckeye and VTV are two companies that offer amps with the same Hypex NC502 modules at a lower price.

VTV has been a little dogged up for its assembly quality.

Buckeye has generally been praised for his and has just added soft start (which the monoprice has) and a clipping indicator. He's very responsive and has a bunch of happy customers. His price for the 8 channel is $2300 vs Monoprice $3000.
You can find the info on his amps on his ASR thread here:

I also think this is a solid offering for Monoprice. For the price difference, I'd lean toward them for their 1) 5 Year Replacement Warranty 2) Customer Service (personal experience here) and 3) Their continued commitment to high quality audio offerings in the Monolith line tell me they want to be a player for some years to come. They'll be there if I need them.

natty

Great data, thanks. Yes, I tend to lean toward your conclusion, too. The size of the company behind the five year warranty is a benefit, and the brand recognition means if I need to sell it, there are more people who are familiar with it.

Top Bottom