Measuring Using REW with Hangloose Convolver From a Marantz AVR and Focusrite Scarlet Mix Control

Trdat

I am sure this is going to be a difficult one but I am hoping few of the experienced guys can chip in with there knowledge as this doesn't pertain only to REW. I am sure this has be done before to some extent...

I want to measure my system with my convolver on. The convolver usually loopsback with Cable Input(VB Audio Virtual Cable) with the correct settings in Hangloose.

I am using a Scarlett 6i6 and If my supposition is correct I use the SPIF output and connect it to one of the digital inputs on the Marantz AV7005.

In REW do I use ASIO? And if so then below is a picture of the settings in the Scarlett mix controller, does this look right?

Attachments

• 1695364879542.png
    1695364879542.png
    415.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1695364879542.png
    1695364879542.png
    415.5 KB · Views: 9

Ofer

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 4x10hd
Main Amp
Emotiva XPR200 midrange amp
Additional Amp
Crest audio 2001A bass amp, Crest audio 8002 sub
Other Amp
Rotel RA930ax twitter amp
Computer Audio
Sony Bravia android TV
DAC
RME FF400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Marantz original 5E CD
Front Speakers
Andromeda MkII
Subwoofers
18" OEM powered subwoofer, 18" Martycube Dayton A.
Screen
Sony bravia 65XF9005
Streaming Subscriptions
Deezer HiFi
Other Equipment
HP i5 running W10, HLC convolver for Audio Lense filters
Hi,

As you have HLC you could ask Mitch for his method of measurement with REW. I don't post it here as I am not sure if he wants it public or not. I did it differently. I used another computer (laptop) and connected the L/R from the computer 3.5mm jack via a 3.5mmPL to RCA cable to two inputs in my audio-interface. Change the audio input method in HLC from Windows to ASIO and tick the analog inputs you are using (see attached photo). Once you choose these inputs you can send the sweep and measure from your second computer using a UMIK usb mic or similar.

Attachments

• dirict analog connection for RME measurments.jpg
    dirict analog connection for RME measurments.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom