Subwoofers
2x Rhythmik FV15HP
Video Display Device
JVC RS520 + Panamorph DC1
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence 120" 2.35:1 Neo AT
Remote Control
Control 4
I have quite a few channels in my HT, atmos, dual surrounds, etc.. and two rows of seating. I also happen to have 3 calibrated microphones and was hoping to be able to use more than one mic at a time to gather measurements from multiple seating locations per speaker per measurement run. If I can just measure 3 points simultaneously on each row , that takes me from 90 measurements (15 channels x 3 measurement points per row x 2 rows = 90) down to 30 measurements (15 channels x 2 rows with 3 simultaneous measurements = 30).

Can I use the timing reference feature to either use multiple instances of REW or multiple laptops (I do have access to three laptops) with one mic each and timing reference to speed things up a bit?

I am thinking worst case I set one laptop up normally with timing reference enabled, set up the other two without any audio output. I would then hit "start measurement" on the two no-output laptops, then hit start on the one actually connected to the speakers. It seems like that would collect three spatially diversified measurements in one "pass".

Am I crazy or is there a better way to do this?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, you could use multiple laptops. Using multiple instances on a single laptop would depend on the drivers used, not possible with ASIO but could be done with Java drivers. Memory might become an issue with 3 instances running, each requesting its own memory allocation.

Top Bottom