Measuring delay and phasing

avhjr

Registered
Would love if an expert can point me in the right direction to do some rough delay and phasing measurements in an auditorium with REW. I've used REW to do SPL sweeps but nothing more complicated.

This auditorium has a center line array hang with subs but coverage is low on sides near front. I'm adding a sub + top to both sides of stage for our event.

Center hang goes through a speaker processor that probably adds delay. I would like to measure this delay so I can add it to the side sub + tops. I saw where REW has a timing signal but it seems too high for subs.

Would also like for the side subs to have same polarity as the center subs so need a way to measure this. Of course this can be heard too but nice if it could be measured.

Thanks!

sm52

You need somewhere to get a speaker capable of playing from 5 to 20 kHz. It will be connected to the right channel of the sound card (for example) to play the sync signal. You will connect subwoofers in turn to the left channel. Once you have measured everyone, upload the mdat file here.

Top Bottom