Measuring & charting EQ / compression curves

Mr_Krabbs

Registered
Hello,

Sorry in advance for the noob question here as I'm sure this is obvious to most and probably answered somewhere here in this forum, but I've been unable to find anything that I can associate with my desired task......

Attempted to search and read through the help tools I could find for REW, but seemingly unable to determine where exactly instructions can be found on how to measure and chart EQ and / or compression curves using REW for Mac.

I see charts around the interwebs displaying such things (see attached sweep chart as an example), but for some reason I'm stumped on how to exactly how setup and measure these things for myself.

For example... I recently built a point-to point Pultec style eq that I want to measure for visual and confirmation purposes. All seems to be working as desired as all bands react appropriately by ear and that I can confirm by simply adding a frequency analyzer using my DAW.

Any help to point me towards where in the help tools I can find what is required here or maybe an alternate URL with instructions or insight would be appreciated. My main DAW is Pro Tool Ultimate, but also have access to Studio One and a number of audio interfaces.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Attachments

• 10k-Boost.png
    10k-Boost.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 17

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Measuring an equaliser is much like making any other measurement, connect an interface output to the equaliser and the equaliser output back to an interface input, set up some EQ and measure away.

Top Bottom