Measure Thiele-Small parameters?

Will Kort

Registered
Running REW latest V.5.20 Beta 55 in the latest update of Win 10. The Thiele-Small Parameters tool does not seem to work. (there is a new dropdown field "Measurement Method" that is not shown in the online help). Calculate Parameters is greyed out until I enter at least one Manually Entered Value field and tab. However, clicking Calculate Parameters changes the button background to blue, but nothing happens (except Mb/Mb in lower left values change) and no results are displayed. I can measure loudspeaker impedance and phase, so the test rig is wired correctly and sound card is working. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The online help for the beta version is here, linked from the beta page. As a minimum the voice coil resistance needs to be entered to get any results. The help is also available in REW.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
My psychic powers are weak today :) so probably best attaching the mdat file you are using and I'll take a look.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mdat file is what you get when you save a measurement, .mdat is the extension for REW measurement files.

Will Kort

Registered
Not sure if this will be useful, but I've attached a driver impedance and phase file. I don't have any measurements from the T-S tool because it won't run.

Attachments

• ImpPhase.mdat
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 4

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The TS params tool doesn't make measurements, it carries out calculations on measurements you ask it to use. I guess you didn't select a free air measurement in the tool, for the next build I have added a message if someone should do that. The simplified model parameters calculated for that measurement are incorrect for the current beta, but I have fixed that for the next beta. Here is the result for that single measurement, only a limited set of parameters can be calculated without additional measurements.

Will Kort

Registered
Got it - thanks! I am primarily interested in resonant freq. and total Q, so the single sweep works for me.

Top Bottom