Marantz Unveils New 11.2-Channel AV7706 8K Ultra HD Processor

full?d=1602164875.jpg

(October 8, 2020) Marantz has launched a new top-tier feature-packed AV processor. The 11.2-channel AV7706 is equipped with 8K friendly technologies, such as HDMI 2.1, and support for a vast array of immersive sound codecs. It also carries various streaming technologies, including HEOS Built-in, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth, for Hi-Res music playback.

Billed as enabling “the next chapter of entertainment,” the AV7706’s 8K friendly video section offers eight HDMI inputs (one HDMI 2.1) and three HDMI outputs, with onboard 8K video upscaling. The single HDMI 2.1 input delivers 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through with support for 4:4:4 sub-sampling, 21:9 video, BT2020 color, and Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dynamic HDR. It also can command cutting-edge movie and gaming experiences with technologies such as eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), auto low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR), quick frame transport (QFT), and quick media switching (QMS).

The most up-to-date HDCP copy protection protocol, HDCP 2.3, is supported across all eight HDMI inputs.

In addition to accepting both Atmos and DTS:X audio directly from a TV source, the AV7706 natively decodes an array of immersive audio codecs. That means owners can watch films featuring Atmos and DTS:X while also enjoying support for IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. And for times where legacy codecs are involved, playback can be upmixed using Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology and DTS Virtual:X.

Internally, Marantz’s HDAM circuitry keeps music pure, while dedicated reference-class 32-bit AKM DACs convert audio across all 11 channels. And much like other top-shelf Marantz gear, room correction is handled by Audyssey’s elite MultEQ XT32 software.

full?d=1602164875.jpg
“Fans will enjoy the audiophile sound you expect from Marantz combined with the latest in video and audio decoding,” said Joel Sietsema, President, Marantz. "As always, we are proud to deliver sophisticated engineering and our exquisite sound, all in a processor engineered to be the foundation of the most versatile premium performance home theater experience.”

The custom integration crowd will appreciate the AV7706’s use of OvrC and Domotz Pro, both of which allow for remote monitoring and management. Additionally, RS232 and IP control capabilities make the AV7706 easy to integrate with third-party home integration solutions.

The Marantz AV7706 Surround Pre-Amplifier carries an MSRP of $2,499 and is available for purchase now.

prerich

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7706
Main Amp
McIntosh MC8207
Additional Amp
B&K 200.7 Signature Reference
Other Amp
iNuke NU4-6000
Computer Audio
Ryzen 5700g, 64gb ram, Windows 11, Watercooled
DAC
Gustard X16
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
PC
Front Speakers
Infinity Prelude P-FR
Center Channel Speaker
Infinity Prelude P-CC
Surround Speakers
Infinity Overture 1
Surround Back Speakers
Infinity FPS-1000
Front Height Speakers
Infinity Overture 1
Rear Height Speakers
Infinity FPS-1000
Subwoofers
Acoustic Elegance 1512 (x2)
Video Display Device
TLC 4K TV and a 4k Projector
Screen
110 inch Da-Lite
Remote Control
Android tablet
Streaming Equipment
Nvidia Shield Pro
Streaming Subscriptions
20 TB NAS Disney+, YouTube TV, Hulu, Paramount +, HBO Max
I've been very happy with Audyssey + Editor. The only negative I can throw out is that the requirement of using small screen cell phones and such makes fine adjustments to curves difficult. Many of us use an emulator app to run the android OS on our PC's but sometimes the emulator software can be buggy. I do really wish D-M would port the app to Windows/Mac, this is not the kind of work to do an a phone.
Also everyone seems to forget that Audyssey has had the ability to adjust 2 subwoofers independently for a number of years now. That's something Dirac has only brought to market in the last year but it's still not available to 90% of it's users.. That was one of the major reasons I bought my AV7703 a few years back over the others, I have dual subs and Audyssey does a A-1 job of getting them flawlessly incorporated in my 5.2.4 system.

That's a shame, you need to come out of that 1960s 2 channel world and get your rig optimized for multich music, it stomps plain ole stereo. ;)
I own the AV7706 and I actually bought a large android tablet from Walmart to act as my universal remote for all things in my system (TV, Marantz AV7706, Audyssey xt32 app, Jriver, and Nvidia Shield Pro). Tell me though...maybe its just me, but does the Marantz sound kind of "soft" to any of you? I'm coming from a Denon x4400-h that I used as a prepro. Other equipment includes McIntosh MC8207 for .7, and B&K 200.7 for the .4, class D amp for the passive subs. Speakers are Infinity P-FR, PCC, Oveture 1's (front heights side surround), and FP1000's (rear surrounds and rear heights).

Top Bottom