More  
Computer Audio
Vanatoo T1
Front Speakers
KEF LSX
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Other Speakers or Equipment
Homepods, Sonos, Definitive Tech, and on....
Streaming Equipment
Apple TV, Roku, FireTV
Yah, I paid to be on the priority list would be nice to know how far away I am. I thought I registered on the list as soon as it went up and before all the real big hype on YouTube and CES. But I guess not I might have snoozed LOL
Yeah I went ahead and canceled as I came to the realization that I was crazy spending that much for my use case. I was able to order the Epson 3800 for about $1200 less. Sure I would have loved to get the laser but I couldn't justify it in the end. I feel bad as Robert has been so nice at VE. I want to help drive business to him in the future though.

Pixelhdr

We're shipping the first allocation this Friday and if we get cancelations or when HU810PW customers upgrade to the black AU810PB we move up the next folks on the HU810PW wait list.

Any update on the shipping date of the HU810 model? Have they started going out?

Robert Zohn

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV8802A
Main Amp
Marantz MM8077
Additional Amp
Marantz MM7055
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Front Speakers
Sony AR2 floor standing ES speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Sony SS-NA8ES
Surround Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Surround Back Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Front Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Rear Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Subwoofers
Velodyne DD18
OPPO UDP-205
Video Display Device
Sony XBR-65A1E, LG C7, Sony VPL-VW5000ES projector
Screen
Da-Lite 133" fixed w/motorized masking
Remote Control
MX-990
Streaming Subscriptions
Matantz PM10, Marantz SA10, Technics SL-1200G TT
We shipped our first two allocations of HU810PWs and AU810PBs, but LG just told us they are further delayed on the third shipment. Tomorrow we'll be offering our clients on our wait list two very special exclusive offers to upgrade to LG's GRU510N 5,000 Nits projector and LG's UST HU85LA projector. So our clients will have the option to wait for the HU810PW/AU810PB or get an immediate shipment of their choice of the HU85LA or GRU510N.

On another matter, one of my clients was incorrectly informed by a member on another forum who is saying the AU810PB's extra features, like, IP & RS232 control, HEX codes to program a remote and CalMAN auto calibration are not working. This is not true, the IP and RS232 control is working well as CalMAN auto calibration, and the discrete HEX codes are listed on pages 154 - 156 of the attached AU810PB owners manual.

Attachments

• LG AU810PB & HU810PW Owners Manual.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 46

abaer

Registered
We shipped our first two allocations of HU810PWs and AU810PBs, but LG just told us they are further delayed on the third shipment. Tomorrow we'll be offering our clients on our wait list two very special exclusive offers to upgrade to LG's GRU510N 5,000 Nits projector and LG's UST HU85LA projector. So our clients will have the option to wait for the HU810PW/AU810PB or get an immediate shipment of their choice of the HU85LA or GRU510N.
Hello,

Did the prices go up and secondly will folks on the waiting list still receive the old price?
Lastly, was there an email that went out about the GRU510N deal? Didn't see one.

Although, the GRU510N only has a single light source so there could be a color wheel concern with it compared to the HU810PW ?

Thanks

Robert Zohn

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz AV8802A
Main Amp
Marantz MM8077
Additional Amp
Marantz MM7055
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Sony SS-NA8ES
Surround Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Surround Back Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Front Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Rear Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Subwoofers
Velodyne DD18
OPPO UDP-205
Video Display Device
Screen
Remote Control
MX-990
Streaming Subscriptions
Send me an email and I'll extend our special courtesy prices for your choice of the GRU510N or UST HU85LA.

full fin

Hello all. I accidentally got in on both VE and LG's first allotments (long story but LG told me they would cancel and didn't so I went ahead and paid the invoice for VE).

I am trying to offload a unit at cost from LG new and totally unopened. Message me if you want it. I have posts about this under the same user name at that other forum and have it up on Ebay (but for more because Ebay eats 10%). Local exchange available in NorCal.

Thanks and apologies in advance if this post isn't allowed...

abaer

Registered
I've received mine from lg.com yesterday. Tried to go through VE but never got a response unfortunately. Manufactured in February in Korea. Nice. Even the remote is made there.

Compared to the 5050UB that was set up until yesterday I feel that the 810 has a sharper image. I've played a lot with the 5050UB focus and maybe it is my bad eyesight with astigmatism and 6+ diopters but the 810 just feels more pleasant to my eyes. My wife noticed it as well so checkpoint there.

Struggling a bit with the limited lens adjustment - have to move the unit a few inches closer to the screen to stay within boundaries. Epson just has a great adjustment range.
My struggle is the 5040UB is on sale for $1499 vs the 810 is ~3k but is a smart PJ with a great remote that's backlit and has a worry free light system plus it is smaller.

I watch during the day a bit and semi dark living room at nights. What I have to solve for is the hotspotting? with my PET crystal ALR 0.9 gain screen. The Epson did it a bit but now it is even more visible in mostly still images. All colors and red is the most prominent - looks like at times like a picture is thrown at a shiny white plaster wall. One can not see the pixels from far obviously but it looks like pixels if that makes sense.

bbspills

I have the same red sparkling issue with my screen and I have a 0.8 black crystal ALR.

I believe the little mirrors in our screen exacerbate the issue.

Some screens make it worse and I don't see the issue, or very minimal, on materials darkstar 9, dalite paralux pure and dnp supernova 85. However, these are pretty pricey options

I also don't see it on white sintra board which I will be testing out painting silver fire on.

There is a forum on avsforum that is dedicated to this projector and several others have this same issue and it all comes down to the screen.

There is also an article that explains why red colors exhibit this more as it's an aspect of the narrow wavelength.

full fin

Bbspills, I would be curious how the painted silver fire looks!

I have a motorized cinegrey 5d, which has mild hotspotting and more pronounced sparkling.

I like the drop down hardware but I'm thinking of painting over the screen for a better look.

bbspills

I'll keep you posted. I did put some coats of primer over a sample of cinegrey 5d and it pretty much eliminated the sparkle

full fin

Thanks. I'm also wondering if the layer of paint will hold up over time while the screen is rolled up and put down repeatedly

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
HBO Max, YouTubeTV, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+
Friends don't let friends talk to Roland from avs (MississippiMan). Ever. Period.

And no, paint will not hold up over time being rolled up and down. Common sense.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Back Speakers
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
And now back to the topic at hand - the HU810PW/AU810PB Dual Laser 4K Projector!

bbspills

Friends don't let friends talk to Roland from avs (MississippiMan). Ever. Period.

And no, paint will not hold up over time being rolled up and down. Common sense.

Oh no, why not? He's always been helpful in the past

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Back Speakers
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
Roland helps with one intention in mind only, his pocket book. The number of people we've (Bill, Harp, myself and many others) helped in the past fix his screwups vastly out number his contribution to anything. If you have one of his concoctions on your wall or wherever and are happy with it, good for you. We are happy for you! But do not spread his misinformation here.

Last word on this subject now please, back to the HU810PW/AU810PB!

bbspills

My apologies, was just testing out trying a paint to see if it was any better than the horrible sparkling effect on my current screen with my HU810.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Back Speakers
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
If you're looking for a good screen for a very bright laser projector that needs a tad bit of help with blacks, I'd recommend something along the lines of a .9 or .8 gain gray screen. If you want to paint the wall, I can point you in the right direction depending upon how dark you want to go. Sherwin Williams Gray Screen is a great N8 option and would be around .8-.85ish gain. I'd recommend a matte or an eggshell finish.

bbspills

I already have a dark grey .8 gain black crystal screen now which I really like, just unfortunate how bad the laser speckle is with this screen and the HU810P.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Back Speakers
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
Well if the issue is speckle, then I'd try to find a screen material that doesn't incorporate mica into it. Not sure if Elite still has these out there but their Cinegrey is .9 and it's a matte gray screen. I think Jamestown has something like a high contrast gray too. Just avoid the ones that sound way too good to be true because most all of them truly are.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Back Speakers
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
I have to admit that I've never heard of XY screens - black crystal - until now. I see they've only been around for 10 years so that's probably why. I find it a bit hard to believe that they have ALR fabric. The only ALR material that I have ever seen that did what it was billed to do was the SuperNova from dnp. And that was layered film materials iirc. I've had my hands on hundreds of samples and outside of the established companies, rarely do they perform as advertised. I guess China is going full steam ahaed on the screen industry now.

I sent XY a message seeing if they'll send me samples.

bbspills

I have samples of supernova and parallax pure. Both handle to speckle well, but dear God I can't justify a screen that costs more than the projector

Robert Zohn

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz AV8802A
Main Amp
Marantz MM8077
Additional Amp
Marantz MM7055
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Front Speakers
Center Channel Speaker
Sony SS-NA8ES
Surround Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Surround Back Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Front Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Rear Height Speakers
Def Tech DI 6.5R
Subwoofers
Velodyne DD18
OPPO UDP-205
Video Display Device
Screen
Remote Control
MX-990
Streaming Subscriptions
Shipping early in the week of March 29. Thankfully it's a large allocation that will fill all of our open orders with excess supply for my store demo theater and backup inventory.

Top Bottom