Is there a way to compare Scope traces?

Mark Wilkinson

Registered
The Scope is great :T
Been using it to capture Wavelets via the Generator's Tone burst capability, playing with the technique presented in this article.
https://www.prosoundtraining.com/2019/07/26/signal-aligning-using-wavelets/
The wavelets are proving to give very repeatable times-of-flight even at 40Hz etc. So i'm trying to delve into them a bit.

Is there a way to compare scope traces by saving them, where they can then be imported back into REW as impulses?
I've tried the Scope Export button, and then import that as an impulse with no luck. (Also tried truncating the first 15 lines of info in the text file, not knowing anything else to try....)

Or simply save the scope image for overlay with another capture?

Thanks !

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Afraid not, the export format is more aimed at loading into a spreadsheet so could be plotted there. Memories and exporting captured data as WAV would probably be useful features for the scope. I'll add them to the features request list. I enjoyed making the scope and I have found it handy from time to time, but I'm not sure how useful people find it and how much time is worth allocating to it versus the other requests. It doesn't often get mentioned.

Mark Wilkinson

Registered
It's easy to understand the need to prioritize to the majority of users needs. It is a really cool scope, wish more folks were aware/using it. (and Thx for it !!! )

I've found a decent work around, exporting ARTA wavelet captures into REW.
The REW graphics capability are simply so much better it's worth the time, when needing to peer in.

Hey, here's a quick 100Hz burst from ARTA against a REW full spectrum impulse with 1/3 filtering at 100Hz.
Now if the Overlays panel only had scope cursors ..........hahaha ;)
arta 100 burst compare.jpg

Top Bottom