Is it possible to Make REW work with a X8P

Michel

Registered
I have been trying to make REW work with my New X8P but I keep getting Java Crash Under Windows 10 ver 2004

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture 4.JPG
    Capture 4.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 17

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please attach the error report information. It may be easiest to simply zip and attach the REW log files folder, which is C:\Users\<your user name>\REW.

Michel

Registered
I tried a Full Uninstall of REW and also JAVA

Attachments

• roomeq_wizard1.log.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 5

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The error is being triggered by the resync requests from the driver, though I don't know why it should be issuing resync requests, it looked to be happy during the level check.
  • What buffer size/latency have you set for the X8P driver? Larger buffers are better for audio measurement.
  • Have you tried just making a measurement without going through the soundcard calibration? Leave the loopback in place and use the Measure button to bring up the dialog and make a measurement of the loopback.

Michel

Registered
Hello
I`m already at 1024 Buffer
I get NO sound when I try to do the measurement

I install Sonar Work Trial today to see if there something wrong with my setup but everything work perfectly the first time

Let me know if there anything else I can try

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Could try setting the ASIO driver's default sample rate to 48 kHz (i.e. the same as the rate REW is using) before starting REW. Beyond that I don't know what to suggest, there isn't any information on what the driver doesn't like.

Michel

Registered
I did a measure with no Calibration and this is what I got ...
03102020.JPG

John Mulcahy

REW Author
SPL scale is a bit wide :) but it looks correct. Use the "Limits" button at the top right of the graph to set the SPL at the top of the graph to 100 dB and the bottom of the graph to 40 dB.

Michel

Registered
This is what I get with the "Limits" button at 100 dB and 40 dB.

I still have a Lot to do More Bass Trap/Absortion on The Back Wall but also on the ceiling.

My room is really not a GREAT room with 12' X 13' X 8' but that`s all I got ...

Top Bottom