IR Extraction Failures

redcoat28

Hi all,

First post so be gentle. I am a relatively new user to Audiolense and just recently acquired a MOTU Ultralite MK5 to use for playback and measurements. Unfortunately, I am having trouble with IR extraction errors at the end of measurements. To provide more context, I am using a Windows laptop for measurements using the MOTU ASIO driver. I am able to successfully obtain a measurement from my front right and left main channels alone, but when I add a subwoofer and a digital crossover into the mix, I invariably end up with IR extraction failures. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be going wrong or things I might try I would appreciate it. Thanks.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
One or several IRs are missing from the measurement.

This can typically happen if either the microphone feed is not working or one or the speakers are not rendering a proper signal.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Perhaps you could post a screen shot of the impulse and frequency responses from a successful stereo measurement, so we can verify that it is OK. It will help narrow down the field of potential problems...

redcoat28

Bernt thanks for your help. As soon as I get home from work will post the impulse and frequency responses.

redcoat28

Bernt, let me know if you need any other screenshots:

redcoat28

Bernt just to add some further information as I was doing more troubleshooting: when the measurement sweep plays through my left speaker I get an indication of sound in the microphone input monitor in Audiolense but even though the measurement sweep plays through the right speaker and sound is coming out of it I get no indication of that in the Audiolense microphone input monitor. Not sure if this is related or not. This is when running a simple 2.0 sweep.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Everything seems to be ok here.

Under the “advanced” menu you can reset the latency to 0 ms. It can get carried away when this error is reported.

Does the check speaker connection give the desired results?

redcoat28

Yes, check speaker connection gives the appropriate results. It seems your suggestion has eliminated my IR extraction issue but now I am getting other measurement errors as follows:

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This looks like your mic was connected to another channel than the one in Audiolense.

redcoat28

Bernt your comment prompted me to do a factory reset of my interface. All is good now. Thank you very much for the help. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom