Input problem - macOS 10.14 UMIK-1

Patryk

Hi,

I just found a problem with my setup. Not sure, if it's REW 5.19 or macOS 10.14 update. Basically, when I open the app, the mic is recognized, I choose the cal file and everything seems to be ok, but there is no input during measurements. Looks like the changes of input in the preferences don't change the actual input summoned by the app later - each time system window occurs with the question if I want to let the app use the mic (I guess built-in mic not UMIK).

Any ideas on that? I already tried with re-install and mix of preferences setups.

Best regards,
Patryk

Patryk

Ok, found the solution 1min later...

For the others, I closed the app after first occurence of this system window, went to the sys pref, unchecked mic allowance, then checked again, opened the app et voilà.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks Patryk. Part of the new privacy features in 10.14 it seems:
Beginning with macOS Mojave, Apple is finally doing something to prevent Mac apps from being able to use your camera or microphone without your permission. The first time an app tries to see or hear you, you'll be presented with a dialog box that says "[App name] would like to access the [microphone or camera]" and will present the user with two options: "Don't Allow" or "OK."

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Installed Mojave today on my test machine and I can't get input data from the built-in input or a UMIK, with or without the workaround Patryk described above. Repeatedly get the prompt to allow access but no audio data after clicking OK. I'll look into it further to see if I can find a way to make it work.

Henrik Jensen

Registered
Same problem on Mojave 10.14.1 Beta

REW asks again and again:

“Room EQ Wizard” would like to access the microphone.

Room EQ Wizard is already in the list of allowed Apps in "Control Panel" -> "Security & Privacy" -> "Privacy"

UPDATE
Using Console to monitor errors. It seems that there is a problem relating to REW not coming from "identified developers" and not having a Code Signature

Failed to copy signing info for 9736, responsible for file:///Applications/Room%20EQ%20Wizard.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: #-67062: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-67062 "(null)"

Last edited:

alec_eiffel

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Devialet Expert D200
Front Speakers
Atohm EURUS 1.0
Installed Mojave today on my test machine and I can't get input data from the built-in input or a UMIK, with or without the workaround Patryk described above. Repeatedly get the prompt to allow access but no audio data after clicking OK. I'll look into it further to see if I can find a way to make it work.

Same issue here : Patrick's suggestion didn't work.
- REW is ticked in Systems Preferences / Security & Privacy / Microphone
- I ticked REW in Systems Preferences / Security & Privacy / Accessibility : this made file browsing faster (since Mojave it was slow) but didn't help for the microphone, I am still getting when doing measurements "No soundcard input data / The soundcard did not provide any input data, please check that it is connected"'

Thank you John for looking into this, meanwhile I am performing measurements via a virtualized Windows on the Mac (Parallels).

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Same problem on Mojave 10.14.1 Beta

REW asks again and again:

“Room EQ Wizard” would like to access the microphone.

Room EQ Wizard is already in the list of allowed Apps in "Control Panel" -> "Security & Privacy" -> "Privacy"
Disappointing that the 14.1 beta is the same. It is macOS which is asking rather than REW. I have submitted a bug report to Oracle against the Java runtime in case there is something that can be addressed there.

UPDATE
Using Console to monitor errors. It seems that there is a problem relating to REW not coming from "identified developers" and not having a Code Signature

Failed to copy signing info for 9736, responsible for file:///Applications/Room%20EQ%20Wizard.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub: #-67062: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-67062 "(null)"
That's odd. REW is a signed application, the Apple developer signing certificates are valid for another 2 years and Gatekeeper wouldn't allow it to be installed without a valid signature.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looks like macOS takes several seconds to grant audio access after each request (on my mac mini at least) so I have increased the audio data timeouts in V5.20 beta 1 which seems to have worked.

cleriensis

Registered
Hello,

on my mac, even with the timeouts increased it doesn't work, the mesure is truncated and stop before the end of the sweep. I use the beta 2.. It's possible to increase more the timeouts ? Thank's a lot for your great software !

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The timeout only affects the time allowed to grant access to audio input on Mojave, it wouldn't affect truncated measurements. If you have high latency in the measurement chain try using the acoustic timing reference option and select "Wait for timing reference" on the Measure dialog.

lkasjdfohijdf

Registered
I had the same issue with REW 5.19 on macOS Mojave 10.14.1 on Macbook Pro over USB-C.

But it does work with the beta version! (REW macOS DMG (includes private Java 8 JRE) V5.20 beta 6)

Good luck

extracampine

Registered
I am using the latest version of REW from the website (v5.19) for Mac OSX, and am running into this same problem. Mac detects the Mic OK, REW has access to the system and mic, though when I open the SPL meter, it is headed "MICROPHONE R" (which I'm not sure is correct), and when I press record I get the OSX message ""Room EQ Wizard.app" would like to access the microphone." and then (whether I press OK or not), the REW message "No soundcard input data - The soundcard did not provide any input data, please check that it is connected".

Any help appreciated!

Top Bottom