Inconsistent timing results

Tore

Registered
Hi all

Why do I keep getting different results when I take measurements of the same speaker using acoustic timing reference? No change is made between those four measurements, yet REW gives different results.

İmpulse.jpg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looks like something went awry with the first measurement. A dropout, perhaps. Did the sweep sound normal for that one?

Surrounds aren't always a good choice as the timing reference, they are often close to walls with strong reflections and some have multiple tweeters.

Tore

Registered
Looks like something went awry with the first measurement. A dropout, perhaps. Did the sweep sound normal for that one?

Surrounds aren't always a good choice as the timing reference, they are often close to walls with strong reflections and some have multiple tweeters.
All the sweeps sounded the same. My surround speakers don't have multiple tweeters. All of my speakers are very close to the walls.

I'm having this issue quite often.

sm52

The difference between the 1st and 2nd measurements in the frequency response is about 750 hertz. Maybe some wire is poorly clamped?

Top Bottom