Impulse graph showing only one impulse event

CraigNZ

Registered
I am running REW 5.20.9 on a Windows PC using miniDSP UMIK-2 microphone and a miniDSP HD10x10 box. I want to time align a two way speaker so I have placed the microphone 2.5 meters from the front of the speaker with the mike pointing at the mid position between the top HF horn and the bottom bass horn (this is a modified Klipsch KHorn with the mid and tweeter horns replaced with a Faitel HF200 driver coupled to a custom built horn tuned to 340 Hz). Using the miniDSP box I have set the input Right signal to the upper speaker only. and the input Left signal to both the upper and lower speakers. When I run the measurement I see the impulse chirp and then the frequency sweep. On the SPL graph I see a full sweep. But when I select the impulse graph I see only one impulse. If I change the delay on the lower speaker to greater than 0 msec I see no change in the impulse graph.
Using a crossover at 500 Hz and doing a sweep I see a dip around the crossover, which I assume is the time delay error. By increasing the delay on the upper speaker from 0 to 1.86 msec the dip is pretty much corrected. So I assume this method does work for time alignment but I wanted to verify the correction using the impulse curves. I had expected to see two impulse events, one for the lower speaker and one for the upper speaker.
Am I doing something wrong, or have something not configured correctly?

Thanks.
Craig

CraigNZ

Registered
Found the problem. The second impulse was buried in the first impulse signal. I increased the audio level of the lower speaker and can now easily see it. All is working now.

Top Bottom