Import Impulse Response

andow

Registered
Hello everybody! I've been using REW for quite some time now, I really like this software! :T
However, I am having a problem now and maybe someone here can help....

I want to import impulse responses (WAV files created with ARTA) into REW to analyze the waterfall display. The files are 2730ms in length but when I import them into REW, the impulse response (and thus also the waterfall plot) is cut off at approx. 1360ms.
The slope and thus the reverberation time is correct, so the impulse response is not clinched or stretched...

Thanks in advance!

andow

Registered
The version is 5.15.
I attached the impulse response (I can't upload wav files, so I zipped it...).

Attachments

• A_1.zip
    171.8 KB · Views: 14

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The IR peak is in the middle of the file, so there is only 1.36s of data after the peak.

andow

Registered
Actually the Peak is at 6ms in the file, if you load it in an editor you can see that. The question is why does REW place it in the middle? It seems to paste the second half of the file before the beginning...
Here is a screenshot of the file in Wavelab:
A1.jpg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Ah, because of this, from the help: If the peak of the imported IR is within 1% of the beginning of the file REW assumes the IR is from a full FFT with the second half of the file containing samples at negative time, so the data is rotated to place the peak in the middle.

andow

Registered
Aahhh thanks! It works now!
I don't know how I could overlook this, I really searched the manual...
Anyway, thanks again! REW rocks! :T

Top Bottom