how to visualize the magnitude of the transfer function i.e. the zero-centered difference.

Gustavo Almeida

Registered
Hello everyone.
As is my first post, I wanted to congratulate John Mulcahy on this excellent software.
Maybe the question is stupid, but I can not see the differences in the frequency response of the real part (magnitude) as in other programs like FuzzMeasure or Smaart, etc. It seems that there is only the possibility of visualizing the amplitude in the y-axis. If not, could you tell me how to do it?
Thank you.

Mac OS 10.11.6

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Might be suffering in translation a bit there Gustavo, not really following what you are after. The complex frequency response is presented as log magnitude (the dB SPL values, 20 times log10 of the square root of the sum of the squares of the real and imaginary parts) and phase (arctan(imaginary/real)). REW is the same as ARTA, FuzzMeasure, Smaart and others in that respect. Is it the offset from 0 dB that is the concern? REW plots responses at the SPL they were captured at rather than centred around 0 dB, but you can shift the response to whatever level you like using the "Offset" control in the graph or calibrate the SPL meter so that your preferred measurement level is shown as 0 dB.

Gustavo Almeida

Registered
Thanks for the answer.
(sorry about my English, I'm Portuguese by the way)

Exactly, that was the question: 0 dB offset.
I had not noticed the possibility of introducing an offset. When we want to observe and quantify only the differences of a system under test through Transfer Function, for me it is more advantageous to have 0 dB as a reference.

Is solved!
Thanks for the quick response.

Top Bottom