How to listen both speakers

Salakavald

Registered
Hi,

I am trying to use UMIK-1 microphone with windows 10 and have I have two quetsions:
1) can i use hdmi cable for the loop back? (connected with dac)
2) when I am trying to do measurements then I can do it only with L (left) speaker or with L + R together and everything works fine (both speakers are working then). When I am putting output to R then it dose not work (no sound).

Could anyone reveal what is the problem here?

Thx,
Sven

John Mulcahy

REW Author
A loopback output must be connected to an input on the same device being used for measurement. That's not possible with a USB mic, an acoustic timing reference must be used.

No idea why you get no output when using R only.

Salakavald

Registered
Thank You for Your reply! Now I found out that actually when I am choosing left speaker or L+R then in both cases both speakers are working. When i am choosing R then I can hear only extremely soft sound from speaker. Overall totally confusing!?

I added two screenshots - is there something fundamentally wrong in these settings? ( I am using hdmi cable and its connected to my dac)

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Settings look OK. Not sure what is happening with the output selections, very odd. Could try a USB connection to the DAC rather than an HDMI cable.

Salakavald

Registered
I guess i can go over dac and connect my computer directly to the preamplifier. I have there (Bryston BP-26) only rca connections - can I use 3,5mm aux / 2-male rca cable for that or I need something else?
Thank You.

Salakavald

Registered
Thx! Does it mean I just have to choose now loopback not acoustic timing reference?

Top Bottom