How to convert PEQ settings to frequency response?

staticV3

Hi REW community!
Is there a way to convert a set of PEQs into a frequency response txt file that can be imported to REW?
I'd like to do some trace arithmetic with other frequency responses, but can't figure out how.
I wouldn't mind doing the conversion in some other program or tool as long as it doesn't cost too much.

Thanks a lot for your help!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you configure the EQ settings in REW you can export the filter impulse response then import that impulse response as a measurement. The entries are in the File menu.

staticV3

If you configure the EQ settings in REW you can export the filter impulse response then import that impulse response as a measurement. The entries are in the File menu.
I can|t find the option to export as impulse response. The only options I see are "export filter settings as text", "save filter coefficients to file", and "save this filter set".

staticV3

This is probably a noob question, but why does the frequency response that I get when importing the impedance response back into REW change depending on the sample rate that I chose during the export as WAV?
What export settings should I choose to match the "Predicted" graph that I get in the EQ window?

staticV3

48KHz seems to get the closest to the "Predicted" graph, but there are still some minute differences

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You may find that increasing the IR window widths provides a closer match, the default settings for imported measurements may reduce the low end slightly or contribute some ripples from truncation. The closest match will usually come from saving the filter impulse response with the equaliser's sample rate.

Top Bottom