How Get IP Security Camera Audio to REW?

rkruz

Registered
I want to compare audio from several security IP camera microphones.
I can view and hear audio over IP using a Network Video Recorder or via pass-through device that takes HDMI (input to the NVR) and passes that over USB to the laptop (Windows 10) where I can view on hear audio on a windows application.
How do I get the audio to REW?
Thanks,
Robin

EarlK

How do I get the audio to REW?

It's certainly an interesting question ( worth pondering ).

You might want to research ( & then choose from to try out ) the available Virtual Audio Cable solutions that are out there for Windows machines.

Typically, they "find" all the available audio streams on your computer and then present them for use by other apps ( after cryptically labelling them ) .

This has been generally a BSOD ( avoidance ) exercise in past years since app stability is never a super high priority with these sort of audio // app // hacks ( IME ) .

That's about all I have to offer.

:)

rkruz

Registered
Ahh thanks!. I was able to muddle through it by trial and error selecting the few input options. Ultimately I selected a USB device as the input that was actually a video capture card, HDMI to USB, that connected to the USB on my laptop. I was comparing microphones for security cameras. I had 3 of them and they are all equally bad. About the bandwidth of an old analog Princess phone..

Top Bottom