How do I show the Mic Cal Files menu?

JEJ

The mic cal files menu disappeared. How do I get it back? I want to see all the mic cal file choices (I think there are 4). This should be an easier task. See attached screen shot. I don't see anything in the View menu.

Attachments

• REW-Mic-Cal-Files-Menu-Gone.jpg
    REW-Mic-Cal-Files-Menu-Gone.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Never seen that before, looks like something has broken. Which REW version are you running? If it is a 5.20.14 early access build the Help menu has an option to generate a diagnostic file that may help understand what has happened, if you are running 5.20.13 there may be relevant info in the log files in the C:\Users\<your user name>\REW folder.

You may need to use the Preferences menu entry "Delete preferences and shut down" to fix it.

JEJ

I clicked the X box next to each of the four mic cal files which closed them. I was just testing the various options. However, there is no way to make them visible again. You need to add something to fix this. Right-clicking on the Mic Cal Files label at the top of where the mic cal files are listed, and a popup that says, "Show Mic Cal Files" would do it. I am surprised that there is no way to bring them back and that no one has said it is a problem. I had to uninstall REW and reinstall it. That's not good.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you removed them you can bring them back by reselecting the inputs they were associated with on the soundcard preferences. If they have all been removed there's nothing to show, that removal button would ordinarily only be used to get rid of cal entries for a device you no longer use, for example.

Top Bottom