How Do I Set Up REW with UAD Apollo in Windows 10?

AndrewComposer

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
UAD Apollo X6
Hi,

Is there a guide specific to setting up REW with a UAD Apollo/UAD Console software in windows 10?

Gear:
Windows 10
UAD Apollo X6

Soundcard Calibration
I got a weird resync driver message when attempting to the use the ASIO driver, so I tried the Java driver. Didn't get the error message, but I wasn't able to select the input and output, I just had to go with speaker and microphone.
-In the UAD Console software I have Muted the input 1 signal and the cue send for input 1, so I am only monitoring the output on Monitor Out 1.
-Input 1 is set to "Line".
-Clicking the speaker icon in the windows system tray, the volume is set to 100%
When I turn up the "Monitor Output Gain" and "Input 1 Gain" on the UAD unit to match the suggested -12db level and then run the calibration, it is distorted. If I set the gain lower, so the meter reads about -20db I get a seemingly clean measurement.
Is something setup up incorrectly? The REW notes and all of the videos I have watched say to set the level between -12db and -6db?

Happy to provide more info if needed to get this solved.

Thanks,
Andrew

John Mulcahy

REW Author
With the Java drivers you could try the WASAPI exclusive option (device names starting with EXCL).

For ASIO make sure the driver has a fairly large buffer size setting, e.g. 1024 or 2048.

When I turn up the "Monitor Output Gain" and "Input 1 Gain" on the UAD unit to match the suggested -12db level and then run the calibration, it is distorted
Distorted how? If it looks like some variation of this:

1684492548732.png

there is some path that is sending the input signal back to the output.

AndrewComposer

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
UAD Apollo X6
Thanks for replying John, I'll retest again and get some screenshots. Room Eq is great, I'm just confused between Windows, UAD and the Console software and I can't find a simple how to on youtube with UAD.

Top Bottom