How can add for room curve HF rising 1 db per octave ?. it is usefull for measure with ear

user44455555

Registered
Hello

In add room curve it is only possible to reduce the curve . Is there a way to allow increase the high freq in HF curve and remove the Limit ?.

I move now my speakers and sit positon to diffrent positions , because changes at diffrent positions are more with simulate auricle. so i can use best position with fewest EQ settings. I am the opinion that a auricle directivty simulate give the more realstic measure for room correction. I use the minidsp with the minidsp HPN correction curve. this give the lowest high boost measure. But when not can increae the high freq room curve it sound a little too dull. see here the measure

mini dsp ear.jpg

Last edited:

user44455555

Registered
I notice there is also a limit HF rise Freq to 5000. this is acceptable. i which usse settings around 4000 1 db or maybe more

user44455555

Registered
thanks thats great. that it is unusual is because measure is usual done with omnidrectional microphone but auricle boost high freq as can see. so when make linear with omnidirectional microphone high freq are too much so all more real sounding target curves need reduce high frequency.

the minidsp ear correct the auricle FR influence with the microphone curve. they attach the cal files i show. here can see how it look

It depend how the sound source is hear. HEQ cal is for over ear headphones. the following are same speaker measure and change cal file later to show how it look with diffrent cal files

over ear.jpg

this is for inear headphones

in ear phones.jpg

the best for speaker measure

best for speakers.jpg

and this is a cal file that correct only the microphone to be linear when no auricle is use.

only mcrophone correct .jpg

Last edited:

user44455555

Registered
additional the reason because the high freq rise with auricle is because of stereo triangle speaker position. see here when the auricile point direct to speaker as if the speaker is mono. there can see 2 db less high boost

speaker angle diffrence.jpg

to get more realistic results with omnidrectional microphones maybe when correct the diffrence between speaker middle to stereo triangle as target curve. this is suddenly from 1.3 khz 2 db

EDIT: that in stereo triangle a sound source bring more higher freq can hear good. when rotate the head so that the nose point to speaker the high freq is reduced and clear hearable. thats simular as hear on mono speaker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom