help with acoustic time reference

MOTER

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
minidsp 2x4
i cant manage to measure the sub with acoustic time reference because my right speaker is muted so i can measure the sub , what to do ?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You will have to unmute the speaker you are using as the timing reference. Depending on your system setup you may be able to use the LFE channel to make the measurement, which will only go to the sub.

Sixto

Supporter
This is one of the reasons why I bought my Scarlett 2i2 interface, so I can access 2 stereo output channels. Channel 1 (Left and Right) is for the speakers being measured, and Channel 2 (with 1/4” jack splitter to L/R stereo RCA outputs) is typically dedicated as the timing reference (using a separate amp to drive a single full-range speaker acoustic reference). It can be done also with just a laptop or the less expensive Scarlett Solo, but i feel it would take more care, coordination and effort to keep the signals routed correctly to the. DUT’s and timing reference.

With my setup I can biamp my mains, or measure a stereo pair, or a sub plus one main, using a consistent timing reference.

Top Bottom