Help / Suggestions: EQing truly full range omnidirectional towers (20-20,000) with REW

ds_xer

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Windows 11 Mini-PC and/or Raspberry Pi 4
DAC
Topping E30
Front Speakers
Phillips Design OH-16
Subwoofers
Phillips Design OH-16
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to tech or audio. Seeking ya'll out as this *is* the first time I've worked with REW and would love some advice on how to handle my situation. I just acquired a pair of some interesting new speakers - Phillips Design OH-16. Room is challenging, but not crazily so - they're in the 'great' room of our renovated home that is ~45ft long and ~25ft wide. (Sidenote: happy to provide pics of the room / speakers / pics of graphs if those become relevant but I'm not sure they're relevant to my question at first). Using umik-1 I made my initial measurements but ran into a snag where REW will not (thus far!) EQ anything below the level at which the level first exceeds my set target level (e.g., 75db). Reading around on forums, this seems to be the desired behavior for speakers, but the OH-16 are unique in a way: they each contain 3 drivers - 1" soft dome tweeter, 6" midrange driver (both firing upward at the dispersion spike) and then a 12" carbon fiber woofer firing *downward* at their base. All of this is passive - no active component. Driving it all with my IOM NC252mp. They're spec'd out to play +/- 3db down to 30Hz, but the roll off down to 15Hz is quite reasonable. Thus far, my approach was going to go in and manually add EQ filters to the frequencies REW is leaving out; however, curious if ya'll would advocate a different approach? Or if there is a setting in REW that could change this behavior? I tried changing everything I could think of to see if this is modifiable, but short of switching the type of speaker to "subwoofer" nothing would make REW touch the lower frequencies.

Thank ya'll in advance for the advice!

-Daniel-

Top Bottom