help - REW windows oversize for screen

BenC

Registered
Hi All. Hope someone can help with what may be a simple problem. I have REW running on my old Windows 7 computer now, but the windows - Measure, Preferences and maybe some others come up really tall and don't fit on the screen vertically. There's no way to scroll to the bottom to select important buttons, or way to shrink these windows to get there. I have tried to tab down to where they should be (referencing my other computer) and pressing enter, but this does not work. In the Preferences drop-down menu there are options for different screen sizes but this doesn't help. My sizes are set to standard (100%) via the Windows Control Panel.

Any ideas? Many thanks, Ben

Attachments

• REW windows problem.jpg
    REW windows problem.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 12

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looks like the screen resolution may be 1024x640? That isn't tall enough for REW, needs to be at least 768 vertically. It isn't practical to make all the dialogs small enough for a 640H screen, sorry. You could try reducing the font size in the View preferences, but I don't think you will gain enough. Tabbing to controls will work, but you may need to use space bar to activate things rather than enter.

BenC

Registered
Thanks for info SM52 and Mr Mulcahy himself! Sorry for the late reply myself. The maximum vertical resolution on this computer is 600 pixels so it looks like it won't work, but at least I know for definte now. My other computer and soundcard are getting rather unreliable with REW so I wanted a back up, but looks like its new computer time soon!

Top Bottom