feature request : save the average of responses

aomb kappa

Registered
When i load a couple of impulse responses, in the All SPL tab, there is an "average the responses" button.
no average buttons in any other tabs though, maybe that would be cool. anyway.

now what would be very useful, at least to me, would be the ability to save that average impulse response result to a .wav file so i can use it with convolvers.
dont know if this is possible, hope it is.

thank you for this awesome software.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The button on the All SPL is a magnitude average, it doesn't have an impulse response. If you show the controls for the All SPL graph (click the icon that looks like a cog/gear) you will see (in the latest beta version) controls to produce a vector average, which has an IR (there is also an average function for pairs of measurements in the Trace Arithmetic controls). You can export an impulse response as WAV using the export option in the File menu.

aomb kappa

Registered
awesome feature. thanks :) was it there all along?
now, i dont suppose there is a way to average more than 30 impulse responses together, is there?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can average as many as you like, all measurements currently selected will be averaged. You may wish to time align them first to avoid phase cancellations. You can change the maximum number of measurements that can be loaded using the setting in the Interface section of the View preferences.

aomb kappa

Registered
sorry to bother you again, but my exported .WAVs seem to have a lot of silence added before and after the actual impulse.
can i avoid that?

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The peak in the exported WAV occurs 1 second after the start unless the IR window has been applied, in which case the export starts at the first windowed sample and the peak location depends on the IR window settings.

Top Bottom