Feature Request [new pannel Response]

REW is a very complete software, I have created a specific hardware on REW and I need to have a new panel to be able to track the frequency response of amplifiers and cross-over filter response. I currently use the SPL pannel but I always have to turn off the calibration of the microphone, it would be advisable to create a new Respose panel that automatically deactivates the microphone calibration and displays the levels in Volt / Watt.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20170308_194138.jpg
    20170308_194138.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 8
Sorry I didn't mean new measurement panel but type of measurement, Response that basically provides the same options as the SPL measure only that it invites to take the signal from the microphone it takes it from a line input and naturally excludes the compensation of the microphone response and eventually it is possible to set a compensation for the input line response.

Attachments

• Schermata del 2019-05-13 18-05-38.png
    Schermata del 2019-05-13 18-05-38.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 3

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There isn't a need for a new type of measurement as such, REW is already used by many folk to measure electronic equipment. The "SPL" reading can be calibrated to be more or less whatever you want by picking an appropriate reference level, so its dB values could be dBFS or dBV or dBu depending on how the "SPL" meter is calibrated. The mic/meter cal is more generally an input calibration file.

The RTA provides a nicer way of handling things by allowing selection of the axis units, that is on the todo list for the main measurement windows at some point.

Which OS is that by the way?

This is the R-Audio machine that I designed to use the REW software, it is a complete tool for making measurements with the REW software and also for measuring the resistance in DC currente with high precision. This option would allow me to improve the functionality of the instrument.

I know, it's really a very good software but when I make a cross-over filter response measurement for example selecting the SPL measurement I have to manually turn off the microphone compensation otherwise the answer will be distorted ..

Top Bottom