Escalability to Eyring or Millington formulae for RT calculation

rodH

Registered
Hello REW Crew!

Been using REW for a couple of years now and I'm familiar with the way the current readings and multiple outputs for RT60 works.

Through recent experiments with ISO3382-2, ISO354 and ISO9613-1 and the usage of REW as a source of record for RT60 values, we came across slight variations on the absorption coefficient calculations, (typically attributed to the edge diffraction, the diffuseness level or the usage of the Sabine formulations), for which we focused on the the last as part of the conclusions drawn from our exercise.

So We've been wondering if the current Schroeder reverse integration method could be extrapolated to the Eyring's or Millington's formulas for RT using the current REW "user readable" files.

Will appreciate your confirmation and guidance on this!

Warm Regards,
Rodrigo.

PS
It would be amazing if you could consider these upgrades and allow users to select the formulae of preference for a future release version.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
So We've been wondering if the current Schroeder reverse integration method could be extrapolated to the Eyring's or Millington's formulas for RT using the current REW "user readable" files.
That doesn't seem to make sense to me, perhaps I have misunderstood it. REW is measuring RT60, whereas Eyring and Millington's formulae, like Sabine's, are attempts to predict RT60 from room and materials information. REW is not making a prediction.

Top Bottom