EQ feature suggestion

Krunok

I find REW EQ feature quite usefull. Assuming you provide it with precise uncorrected measurement you can get very good results with it's autimatic correction.

Following the idea of the feature to optionally allow narrow filters below 200Hz I would like to propose 2 additional checkboxes to be introduced. One would, if checked, allow only filters with Q<=6 in the region of 300-900Hz. The other would, if checked, allow only filters with Q<=3 in the region of 900Hz-20kHz.

I would also prefer to see narrow filters allowed below 300Hz limit instead of 200Hz.

So, what are your thoughts on this proposal? :)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a feature in the code to vary the max Q above the modal range, from 10 at the (200 Hz) modal boundary to 3 at 20 kHz. It isn't enabled currently, can't recall why not. I could add a control to enable that.

Krunok

There is a feature in the code to vary the max Q above the modal range, from 10 at the (200 Hz) modal boundary to 3 at 20 kHz. It isn't enabled currently, can't recall why not. I could add a control to enable that.

I would very much appreciate that.

I would also very much appreciate if you can add a 3rd control for the max Q in the transition range (say from 200Hz-700Hz).

Top Bottom