Epson Announces Its All-New 6050UB 4K Pro-UHD Projector
(May 6, 2019) Just when you thought Epson had set the bar for high-performance competitively-priced projectors (see details on its recent 5050UB/5050UBe launch), the company surprises with another bit of intriguing news. Today, Epson revealed details about its all new 6050UB 4K Pro-UHD Projector, which takes the 5050UB model and adds just a touch more in the performance department.
The 6050UB ($3,999 MSRP, 3 year warranty) is a refresh of its popular HC 6040UB model, which first hit the market several years ago. Unlike the 5050UB and 5050UBe models, the 6050UB is designed and marketed for the custom install market. It ships with an extra lamp, a ceiling mount, and a cable cover. It also carries anamorphic lens compatibility, while bumping the 5050UB’s impressive contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 to 1,200,000:1.
As detailed for the 5050UB/5050UBe launch, this batch of Epson projectors carries several new features worth mentioning, headlined by a 16-step HDR adjustment with single-button remote control access along with a boost in brightness and 100-percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut. Additionally, gamers will enjoy access to dual 18 Gbps HDMI 2.0 ports, which delivers 4K HDR content at a full 60Hz.
Here’s a complete list of other highlights, detailed by Epson:
- 4K PRO-UHD2Projection Technology: A new type of 4K home theater experience utilizing advanced processing technologies for resolution enhancement, color, and image processing – resulting in an exceptional 4K home theater experience.
- True 3-Chip Projector Design: Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame. This ensures outstanding color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness, without any “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues typical of other projector technologies.
- Unique S2 Pixel-Shift Processor2: Advanced pixel-shifting processor precisely controls three individual high-definition LCD chips. This new type of resolution enhancement technology results in an exceptionally sharp 4K visual experience.
- Precise H2 HDR Processor: Full 10-bit HDR4color processing accepting 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an exceptional visual performance.
- Powerful ZX Digital Imaging Processor: Realtime 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions, while helping to eliminate banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown.
- Extreme Color Gamut: One of the first commercially available home theater projectors capable of displaying the full three-dimensional DCI-P35color space (Cinema Mode only). This extreme color performance is 50 percent wider than typical Rec. 709 projectors and allows for a truly professional-level of color accuracy.
- Epson VRX Lens Technology: Designed for zero light leakage, all Epson VRX Lenses utilize a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- 3-Axis Motorized Lens: After installation, you can shift the lens up to 96 percent up or down on the vertical axis and up to 47 percent left or right on the horizontal axis. You can also set the zoom and focus, then store all the settings in one of ten lens memory presets.
- Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior AdminStaff MemberThread Starter
- Jan 20, 2017
- Likes Received:
- Balt/Wash Metro
AV Equipment List
- Yamaha RX-A3050
- Emotiva XPA-5
- Emotiva XPA Gen 2 4xStereo 2XSingle
- OPPO UDP-203
- SVS Ultra Towers
- SVS Ultra Center
- SVS Ultra Surround
- SVS Ultra Bookshelf
- SVS Prime Elevation
- dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
- Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
- JVC RS520
- LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, OPPO Sonica
- SVS Prime Elevation
- Carada Cine-White 0 gain