Do I need a preamp?

Eleo

Registered
Hi there. I'm using Rew+ Rephase+ Equalizer apo. My system is composed of a Topping dac which is connected to a Rotel power amplifier. I've noticed that certain tracks, where the input signal is especially weak, sound a bit recessed. The output of my dac is about 2 volts, above the sensitivity of my amplifier, which is 1,5 volts. I have thought that I have set the target of the eq too low, so reducing the input level below the sensitivity. Is this the case or simply do I need a preamp to raise the level?

Eleo

Registered
Thank you, may Amazon music loudness normalization work?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
What are your EQ filter settings? If they are from REW could save the .req files from the filters panel and attach them.

Eleo

Registered
I'm sorry I haven't the .req files. I have saved the XML files. but cannot attach here. Is there anything I can do?. Thank you in advance

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Do you have the mdat files you used to generate the EQ? Otherwise could change the .xml extension to .txt and attach them that way.

Eleo

Registered
I eventually managed to produce .mdat files from XML. Here they are.

Attachments

• Vector average apr. R2.mdat
    849.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Vector average apr. L2.mdat
    849.9 KB · Views: 1

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There doesn't look to be any issue with the overall filter set gains, no general reduction in level there.

Top Bottom