Distorted Output

Harry Moraitis

Registered
Hi to all,

When I recently tried to run REW after years of using it and under the same setup, I got distorted output. Pink noise sounds "corrupted" whereas sweep sine signal seemed to "bounce". I did a complete uninstall, ran it again with no success.
Otherwise, sound card seems to work perfectly outside the REW environment.

Updt. It seems that the problem has to do with the loopback input. I've got a D-Audio Card and sometimes (not always) I have to engage and disengage loopback input in order to make it work. Moreover, the REW's signal generator output seems to function properly without any distortion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Harry

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Perhaps there is some monitoring active in the D-Audio setup feeding some of the input signal back to the output.

Harry Moraitis

Registered
Thank you John, It's something that happens randomly, I don't see any trivial explanation. I'm using the same set up for many years. Sometimes, for example, problem disappears when I switch from "Use Main Speaker Test Signal to Check/Set Levels" to "Use Subwoofer Test Signal to Check Levels". It's kind random. D-Audio mixer is extremely simple and straight forward, I don't see any monitoring active causing the problem.

Thanks again,

Harry

Top Bottom