Denon's Innovative Adaptive Acoustic Technology Debuts on Its PerL and PerL Pro True Wireless Earbuds

full?d=1687286502.jpg

(June 20, 2023) Riding on a wave created by Masimo's recent acquisition of the Australian-based headphone startup, Nura, Denon has launched two new wireless earbuds. The Denon PerL ($199) and PerL Pro ($349) are the first to carry Masimo's ATT (Adaptive Acoustic Technology), an innovation supported by Nura's own in-house braintrust.

Masimo's Founder and CEO, Joe Kiani, believes PerL will establish a new direction in earbud performance. “The era of one-sound-fits-all is over. PerL automatically figures out the optimal sound for each individual, to cater to your unique ears. I am personally blown away by how good PerL Pro is. I have not heard my music like this since I was 18. PerL is intuitive, comfortable, and ergonomic. With the launch of PerL, we are transcending the listening experience. We can’t wait to have our customers join us in this new paradigm.”

Masimo ATT uses proprietary technology to measure faint otoacoustic emissions (OAEs), which are produced by the inner ear in the presence of a range of tones played to assess each person’s unique response to sound. Once the OAEs are analyzed, Aritificial Intelligence builds a personal hearing profile in the companion Denon PerL Headphone app (iOS and Android), using artificial intelligence. According to Denon, this profile drives the entire listening experience, delivering a listening experience tailored to your own hearning capabilities.

Denon PerL Pro taps Bluetooth version 5.3 for crystal clear audio, with the added benefit of a surround sound effect that enhances the overall audio experience in a compact. The stepdown PerL relies on Bluetooth 5.0, which sould also offer an excellent wireless experience.

Battery life is quite impressive for the PerL Pro, with owners realizing up to 8 hours of use time with a single charge. It's case extends time up to 32 hours, with the option for a five minute quick charge that delivers one additional hour of use. PerL's use time drops to six hours, with a one hour quick charge achieved in 15 minutes and 24 hours of total charge time offered by the case.

Both the PerL and PerL Pro carry active noise cancellation and a more transparent social mode, allowing you to tune the world out or let it in. PerL Pro utilizes eight microphones (vs. four in PerL) and upgraded noise cancellation, automatically adjusting the level of cancellation according to the amount of leak-through, the environment’s sound, and the tightness of fit in the ears. The Headphones app, allows users to customize both Noise Canceling and Social modes, while also providing access to controls that alter on-earbud touch controls such as play/pause, skip track, change volume, and more.

A limited number of Denon PerL and PerL Pro headphones are now available for purchase at Denon.com for $199 and $349, respectively, with a fuller rollout later this year.

Related Reading:

Last edited:
Top Bottom