SCHITT Gumby
Main Amp
Audio Note Kit 2
Front Speakers
AN
Subwoofers
ACI Titan
Hello,

I can get REW to work on my PC but not on my mac...

On my mac I'm getting error "the soundcard did not provide any input data, please check that it is connected." This is happening when I try to use the DB meter. Upon startup, REW recognizes my UMIK-1 and asks if I want to use it. It accepts my calibration file. However, when I open the DB meter or measure (calibrate) it asks if it can access the microphone then I get the error "the soundcard did not provide any input data, please check that it is connected."

I have tried just about every combination possible in settings... both in the microphone section of REW and in OSX please help.

PabloAguas

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
SCHITT Gumby
Main Amp
Audio Note Kit 2
Front Speakers
AN
Subwoofers
ACI Titan
DAC is connecting now, the mic problem remains...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which version of REW and which version of macOS? For 10.14 or later you need to use the V5.20 beta versions and allow REW to access the mic when prompted. If mic access has previously been denied you may need to go into the Mac's privacy settings and reenable it.

PabloAguas

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
SCHITT Gumby
Main Amp
Audio Note Kit 2
Front Speakers
AN
Subwoofers
ACI Titan
Thanks John! It works now.

Just want to say how much I appreciate your help and for REW. I just sent paypal to you but really this software is priceless. I dialed in the frequency response of my car stereo with 40 bands of parametric. Got it down to +-1db. Also helped me get the phases dialed. Afterwards the sound is so much better. Exponentially better. Now that I got it up and running on my mac I will do the same for my home stereo and the sound system at my business- my Ecstatic Dance.
Much Thanks!

DanDan

Staff member
You might need to look into AudoMidi Setup. Nominate or 'Bless' the UMIK as THE Sound Input Device. Also, 48K

Top Bottom