CamillaDSP IIR format output?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
But the filter parameters dont include a term of Fs - do they?
When the filter is applied to data the parameters are used to generate biquad coefficients which depend on the sample rate of the data.

Wirrunna

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
NAD C725BEE
Front Speakers
Klipschorns
When the filter is applied to data the parameters are used to generate biquad coefficients which depend on the sample rate of the data.
Thank you for these explanations, I have turned off Decimate IR (my new Asus Zenbook has a 16core AMD cpu and 2TB SSD), I'll redo these measurements and EQs and build a new CamillaDSP config and listen to the results.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The decimation would not have had any effect on the EQ filters (or anything else), the sample rate was still 12 times higher than the highest frequency in the measurement.

Wirrunna

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
NAD C725BEE
Front Speakers
Klipschorns
The decimation would not have had any effect on the EQ filters (or anything else), the sample rate was still 12 times higher than the highest frequency in the measurement.
Thank you, but as an old assembler programmer then systems manager I wanted to test this end to end.
So, after turning off Decimate IR I re-measured, then EQ'd and the heading was indeed CamillaDSP (96kHz), then saved filter settings to YAML file, cut'n'pasted the filters into a new CamillaDSP config and loaded it - no errors the spacing is correct. As a bonus, the YAML file can reload the settings into the EQ for further tweaking after measuring the effect of the EQ filters.
Thank you, this has simplified the building of CamillaDSP configs.

TNT

John!

The CamillaDSP output is working great and I'm using it a lot.

Now, this is a silly request but I'll try anyways and it can of course be igonerd without hesitation :)

The Camilla .yml configuration file also defines a Pipeline to be defined - here, a list of used filters is assigned to channels....

- Would it be possible to, in addition to the list of biquads, add in the same file, a few rows below the biquad list, yet a list of all the defined filters in said file, like:

space, - (dash), space, space, name of filer, new line

Example of the additional list requested:

- hf eq x_1
- hf eq x_2
- hf eq x_3
- hf eq x_4
- hf eq x_5
- hf eq x_6

This would further speed up the work as well as reduce the chance for errors.

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not in that format, no. It isn't valid YAML so it would cause a parsing exception if the file was loaded again. I could add a pipeline entry with the filter names, that would appear immediately after the filters and look like this (where "filter" has been used as the label):

Code:
pipeline:
  names:
  - filter_1
  - filter_2
  - filter_3
  - filter_4
  - filter_5
  - filter_6
  - filter_7
  - filter_8
  - filter_9
  - filter_10
  - filter_11
  - filter_12
  - filter_13
  - filter_14
  type: Filter

Is that something everyone would want? Or would it create more work for people who don't want the pipeline entry?

TNT

Thats looks good!

In any way, one has to copy from your generated file and paste into a target .yml file - no way around that - can't be imported is as of now. And if a Camilla supported import process, it could distinguish between the sections anyway....

So if a distinct section is made for the Pipeline entries, I cant see how the could interfere with anything. Rather help.

If you don't put that in the pipeline section of the target .yml fie, the filters will never be used. The existing part is like a declaration, now you need to reference them also - in the pipeline :)

So I would think that for anyone using it now it would be helpful. One can of course ignore the proposed new section, c&p only the biquads filters only and do the rest via gui - i.e. just ignore pipeline aimed statement in the file..

My feature request is not limited to my personal need or behaviour as I can see it - everyone would benefit or at least not be affected :-)

//

Maximars

Registered
Hello!
CamillaDSP 2.0 has been released. There are interesting new filter types, such as Notch, Tilt. LS/HS with dB slope etc.
github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp#iir

Is there a chance that some of these filters will be implemented in REW? That would be great. What do you think of this John?
Thank you for everything.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Notch is already supported, as are shelf filters with adjustable Q. No plans for a tilt filter, but you can achieve a similar effect with a low Q shelf.

Top Bottom