calibration not like it should be

genlog

Registered
Hi,

I've got a rme multiface2 with ada8000 connected to it and using behringer ecm8000 mic.
Using REW(stable version 5.19) on linux.
When calibrate the 'help' says it should be fairly flat.

Well, here it's far from flat.
No id what i'm doing wrong.

One output(reference output) is connected to input as feedback input.
One input is setted to input of the mic

When 1khz tone is played it set my levels pretty same(less then -1db difference).
But when the sweep is played, the mic is clipping to i have to set the input level bit lower on the feel, but headroom was like -14db so
not that big difference from -12db.

This is result.

any idea what's going on?

Thank you

calibration_soundcard.jpg

DanDan

Staff member
Room anomalies, resonances modes, can generate huge peaks and dips. How loud are your sweeps? IMO they should be just a little bit uncomfortable but not have you reaching for hearing protection.

genlog

Registered
Yes for sure if room has no treatement but
I followed the help files(getting setup for measur) on the site to start

And this is calibration of soundcard, and help files states that it should be fairly flat.
I haven't done a measurement of the room and i don't expect that i would be with calibration of the soundcard.

Last edited:

DanDan

Staff member
I am not really following sorry. But there is no need for Soundcard Calibration. Just forget about it.

genlog

Registered
Nevermind. didn't enabled smoothing. After enabling some smoothing it looked good.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The image you posted was of a room measurement, that was definitely not a soundcard calibration. Make sure the correct input channel is selected.

Top Bottom