Calibrating DIY microphone

Benik3

Registered
Hello.

I tried to search something, but I always end on how to apply mic calibration file.
But I have a DIY microphone made from WM-61E (I don't know if they are original) and USB Omnitronic MM-2USB calibration microphone.
I measured both mics and now I would like to make correction file for the DIY mic.
Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could use the difference between the responses to make a cal file that would make the DIY mic measure the same as the MM-2USB.

Benik3

Registered
If I do USB - DIY and then DIY + the result I really get the exact same graph as USB (logicaly).
But I'm not able to export it, so if I apply the txt as mic calibration on the measured DIY mic, I also should get same response as USB mic.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The difference is obtained by DIY/USB (using A/B trace arithmetic). Best adjusting level if necessary first so the responses have the same level at a suitable reference, typically around 1 kHz. The result of a trace arithmetic operation can be exported as text like any other measurement, I'm not clear why you say you can't export it?

Benik3

Registered
If I do A/B arithmetic, the calibration works for lower frequencies, but not for higher:
Green if the DIY mic
No calibration loaded:

calibration with A/B (A=DIY, B=USB omnitronic)

Attachments

• 1607878836831.png
    1607878836831.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 14

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You need to time align the responses and ideally make sure the measurements of each mic are as free of room effects as you can manage.

Top Bottom