behaviour of expected target response when particular frequencies are increased or decreased by hand (rePhase)

loommidom

Registered
Hallo guys,

as I mentioned in my first thread about the functionality of the filter creation process of REW, I am a german student who works on a group project with the incentive to implement a room correction feature in a DIY multiroom system.
So, after John Mulcahy already answered my questions about the functionality of REW very well (again thank you for that) I have some questions about the rePhase filter creation tool and I hope some of you could answer me this questions.

First of all, I am curious about what happens to the target response, when I increase one particular frequency in rePhase by hand, because when I do so, not just the amplification of the one particular frequency increases, but several surrounding amplifications increases as well. So, first of all i guess this is the case, because rePhase just calculates the expected target response and rePhase expect the amplification of the surrounding frequencies to increase as well. Now, I wonder why this is the case so, why do the surrounding amplifications change?
And second of all, I wonder how rePhase calculates the expected changing of the surrounding amplifications. I would it expect to be a linear interpolation, but I am not sure. Also interesting to know would be how big the area around the increased amplification is, which rePhase also changes and how rePhase determines how big this area is.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom