Basic setup guide available online or for download?

nfalck

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Luxman L-505ux
DAC
Luxman DA-250
Front Speakers
High Desert bookshelf speakers by High Moon
Subwoofers
RSL Speedwoofer 10s
Hi all, newbie here. Is there a basic step-by-step guide to installing Audiolense, using it to take measurements for the first time, and applying those DSP curves to your PC digital audio out system-wide (e.g. via JRiver?) anywhere? It seems like a basic user guide would be normal, but I can't find one on the Audiolense website.

Context, if anyone cares: I'm trying to set DSP room correction for my desktop-based home office system (Desert Moon speakers + Luxman DA 250 DAC + Luxman L-505ux amp + RSL Speedwoofer 10s crossed over around 50 hz). In my living room, I have an Anthem pre-pro, so I'm familiar with the basic concepts of measurement and room correction and some of the terms, but I'm not a pro and new to PC-based room correction.

It seems like the Audiolense 2.0 software would be great for me. (Since I want my sub to be connected directly to my amp for various reasons, including that the amp is how I attenuate the volume, I am resigned to my DSP software viewing my system as a 2-channel setup, and managing the crossover to the sub manually.) However, I can't find a user guide anywhere that explains exactly how the process works, including what the "convolver" software is that I see in the store, whether I need to pay for and use JRiver to utilize the DSP curves created by Audiolense, how exactly to do this, etc. All the very simple steps really that anybody has to go through the first time they install the software, take measurements, and set up their curves on their PC. I want to make sure that it's within my technical abilities before I purchase anything, because I could always just go the Dirac Live route for a couple hundred bucks more if I'm just going to spend days problem-solving this.

Thank you! And sorry if this has been answered a million times already.

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX, Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Tone Projects Michelangelo, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...
You might take a look at the https://accuratesound.ca website... Mitch has a wealth of information in the DSP Resources section... It sounds like you need a player that either has a convolver or will utilize a convolver via a plugin or hardware like a MiniDSP...
Basic steps for Room Correction is:
1) measure your rooms response using one of several methods...
2) use a filter creation tool like Audiolense or even REW... The output would be a FIR filter as a .wav file perhaps...
3) load the FIR filter .wav file into the convolver...
4) play the corrected music utilizing the convolver+FIR filter... Could also go back to step one using the correction filter to see the results...
5) enjoy your audio nirvana... :cool:

Ofer

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 4x10hd
Main Amp
Emotiva XPR200 midrange amp
Additional Amp
Crest audio 2001A bass amp, Crest audio 8002 sub
Other Amp
Rotel RA930ax twitter amp
Computer Audio
Sony Bravia android TV
DAC
RME FF400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Marantz original 5E CD
Front Speakers
Andromeda MkII
Subwoofers
18" OEM powered subwoofer, 18" Martycube Dayton A.
Screen
Sony bravia 65XF9005
Streaming Subscriptions
Deezer HiFi
Other Equipment
HP i5 running W10, HLC convolver for Audio Lense filters
Hi all, newbie here. Is there a basic step-by-step guide to installing Audiolense, using it to take measurements for the first time, and applying those DSP curves to your PC digital audio out system-wide (e.g. via JRiver?) anywhere? It seems like a basic user guide would be normal, but I can't find one on the Audiolense website.

Context, if anyone cares: I'm trying to set DSP room correction for my desktop-based home office system (Desert Moon speakers + Luxman DA 250 DAC + Luxman L-505ux amp + RSL Speedwoofer 10s crossed over around 50 hz). In my living room, I have an Anthem pre-pro, so I'm familiar with the basic concepts of measurement and room correction and some of the terms, but I'm not a pro and new to PC-based room correction.

It seems like the Audiolense 2.0 software would be great for me. (Since I want my sub to be connected directly to my amp for various reasons, including that the amp is how I attenuate the volume, I am resigned to my DSP software viewing my system as a 2-channel setup, and managing the crossover to the sub manually.) However, I can't find a user guide anywhere that explains exactly how the process works, including what the "convolver" software is that I see in the store, whether I need to pay for and use JRiver to utilize the DSP curves created by Audiolense, how exactly to do this, etc. All the very simple steps really that anybody has to go through the first time they install the software, take measurements, and set up their curves on their PC. I want to make sure that it's within my technical abilities before I purchase anything, because I could always just go the Dirac Live route for a couple hundred bucks more if I'm just going to spend days problem-solving this.

Thank you! And sorry if this has been answered a million times already.
Did you go over the help file (attached)?

Attachments

• Audiolense-help.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 622

mccarty350

ddude003, Jriver supports convolution files out of Audiolense. It's what I used successfully before switching to the AL convolver (which works much more smoothly).

Top Bottom