Unfolded Circle Remote 2, powered by HomeAssistant
Streaming Equipment
PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
Any vintage B&O fans?

I’ve always been a fan of their look as much as their sound. After a recent move, my Definitive Technology BP20s just weren’t playing well with the new room, so I started looking for something that would not only sound better, but also blend in more visually.

Well, I found these on Craigslist, ironically, a block and a half from our new house. So they’re mine now, and they still sound incredible. The grills are pretty tattered, but I plan to get some of the wooden slat grills from Prestige Creators.

Of course, with B&O it wasn’t as simple as swapping speakers with non-B&O components. I also added a Cary Audio preamp that I found used, and I’m still waiting for a set of longer RCA cables to connect the 8000s in their final locations. At least the 8000s have RCA line inputs in addition to the typical DIN connections.

I’m also keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced BeoLab 2 sub to pair with them, but they sound great already.

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
Philips dss940
I had a set of them until 2015. They look fantastic. As the Beosound 9000 device died i could not use the RCA inputs direct to cd player - lot of hum. I Modified them and refurbished them completely. At the end they were not powerful enough. I think ok for small rooms, so i sold them.

Top Bottom