Audyssey Releases New ACM1-X Calibrated Microphone as Add-On to Its MultEQ-X Room Correction App

full?d=1647445866.jpg

(March 16, 2022) Audyssey ended 2021 by launching its all-new MultEQ-X app for PCs (single license, $199), a software calibration solution that's used in conjunction with Audyssey MultEQ capable AV receivers and processors. MultEQ-X brings enthusiasts and integrators greater control over calibration parameters, including complete control over target curves and the ability to customize the frequency range and tonal balance of each individual speaker in a room's system. It also provides advanced details about room acoustics.

At launch, MultEQ-X offered support for all Denon and Marantz receivers compatible with the multi-platform Audyssey MultEQ Editor mobile app. Rather than replacing the MultiEQ Editor, MultEQ-X acts as an advanced system for users wanting greater control and a more immersive large screen computer-driven experience. Supported systems must run a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10 with the October 2018 update (or later) installed. This includes the newly released Windows 11. Support for more systems is scheduled to become available in the future.

Today, Audyssey is making an optional ACM1-X calibrated microphone available for purchase ($79.99). The microphone is the same model shipped with Audyssey capable receivers and processors, but includes a unique calibration file allowing for measurements to be corrected to a "near-perfect" match to those of a Type-1 reference mic. Each ACM1-X is individually measured at Audyssey's lab in Los Angeles, CA, with calibration files linked to a unique microphone serial numbers.

According to Audyssey, MultEQ-X users who purchase an ACM1-X microphone should log into MultEQ-X and, on either of the pages that have a microphone selection option, select “Add New Mic.” From there users must enter the microphone serial number and the mic file will download and store within the MultEQ-X app.

The Audyssey MultEQ-X app is available for download through the Microsoft Store, and the calibrated ACM1-X microphone can be purchased through Amazon. For more information about Audyssey’s full range of audio technologies, visit www.audyssey.com.

Additional Image
full?d=1647448273.jpg

Last edited:

Unique

Registered
Anyone made measurements from these new calibrated mics?

The standard Audyssey XT mics (DM-A409 / ACM1H) from a few years ago have so much variance that they are basically unusable for audio corrections below 40hz and above 4khz.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I have not… but the fact that they ship with a correction file suggests you wouldn’t have that issue.

What kind of gear are you calibrating?

Kal Rubinson

I have one and used it for my most recent calibration. The results were audibly superior but I have not done any REW measurements to compare them with earlier results because there have been changes in my system.

Unique

Registered
Hey Todd,

Just some home cinema sets, nothing fancy really:
Set 1: Focal 816V + SVS PB13
Set 2: B&W DM4 + Klipsch SW
Set 3: Driade + BK XLS200

We have two onkyo 709 receivers and one denon 2809 with audyssey XT.
As far as i know the receivers do not apply calibration curves for these pucs, so it really comes down to having luck with the supplied microphone.
This year i actually measured the mics, comparing them to the umik, and no wonder all audyssey setups sound so completely different: the pucs are utter garbage.
Differences of 20DB @ 10Hz, 7db @ 14KHz are just not acceptable in my opinion (for music).
Sadly I have no experience with XT32 equipment, would be cool to try that some day... in the meantime I hope to test DIRAC with the trial PC app some time, to see how that compares.
Although i will probably never buy that app, it seems excessively expensive just for listening music (seems better to invest in a new amplifier with xt32 and dirac, at least you can watch movies properly then..)
Or just use REW for everything, wish they added more control about the Q factor limits for the auto EQ though (i highly dislike high Q filters..) But who am i to complain, REW is such a great application (especially when used with EAPO) and you can manually tune everything to your liking :-)

For reference I have attached the near field (very near for SW) measurements just for comparing the mics.

Attachments

• Microphone UMIK-1 and Audyssey.zip
    8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Top Bottom